SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COUNTIES REGIONAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Join us for the Southern California Counties Fish and Game Commissions Regional Annual Conference on Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 9 am - 4 pm at Dockweiler State Beach Youth Center, 12505 Vista Del Mar, Playa Del Rey, CA 90293.
Tickets can be purchased for $55 each and include breakfast, lunch, and parking.
Mail payment to Los Angeles County Fish and Wildlife Commission, Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, 500 West Temple St., Room B-50-b, Los Angeles, CA. 90012. Or pay at the door. Note parking is $8.00 at the door.
Welcome to the Fish and Wildlife Commission
The Los Angeles County Fish and Wildlife Commission is an advisory body for the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors and the Fish and Wildlife Warden regarding the propagation and protection of fish and wildlife in Los Angeles County and the State of California.
It was created by authority of a resolution adopted February 26, 1952, under Chapter 3.26 and Chapter 6.44 of the Los Angeles County Code. The Commission also administers and makes recommendations for the disbursement of funds received from fines for violations of the Fish and Wildlife Code within the County of Los Angeles. Grant making is based on the availability of funds, geographical and categorical considerations and a thorough evaluation of the information provided by applicants. The Commission meets quarterly however grant applications may be submitted at any time. To apply for a grant, click HERE.
THE COMMISSION'S POLICY AND OBJECTIVES
The policy of the Los Angeles County Fish and Wildlife Commission is to encourage the conservation and maintenance of wildlife resources in conjunction with Sections 1801 and 13103 of the California Fish and Wildlife Code. This policy includes the following objectives:
- To enhance Fish and Wildlife activities including propagation, protection and restoration
- To support Fish and Wildlife projects
- To further Research and Education in areas related to Fish and Wildlife
TO REPORT A WILDLIFE INCIDENT PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING:
5 - South Coast Region
Serving Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura counties
(858) 467-4201 | AskR5@wildlife.ca.gov
City of Los Angeles
Los Angeles County Animal Control: Service Request - Animal Care and Control (lacounty.gov)
The Fish and Wildlife Commission encourages the conservation and maintenance of wildlife resources in conjunction with Sections 1801 and 13103 of the California Fish and Wildlife Code. The Commission awards grants to non-profit organizations with special projects or programs that aid the Commission in meeting the following objectives:
- To enhance Fish and Wildlife activities including propagation, protection and restoration, such as providing grants for the installation of wildlife water sources (guzzlers), and the planting of tree seedlings and native vegetation in fire ravaged areas.
- To support Fish and Wildlife projects such as Fishing in the City events by stocking fish at County parks and recreation and providing and encouraging the sport of fishing to the many residents of California’s growing urban population.
- To further Research and Education in areas related to Fish and Wildlife propagation, protection and restoration of fish and wildlife such as providing grants to purchase specialized research tools to assist in documenting the migration patterns of the Southern California Steelhead Trout.
Conservation Strategies for the Bighorn Sheep in the San Gabriel Mountains
Implementation Plan To Restore the San Gabriel Bighorn Sheep Population
Fox Squirrel Study
La Brea Wild Turkey
La Brea Wild Turkey Osteological Comparison Study Topics Form
Current Agenda and Meeting Location
B-50-B Kenneth Han Hall of Administration
500 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 974-1431
Fax: (213) 633-5102
Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.